Saturday, April 25, 2009

Blogging Guidelines + Labels Mega Post #1

Hello everyone!

First post in the new Interact SMKSU blog! Cheers all round!

Currently under renovation, so there's really nothing much to see right now. But feel free to browse through the old Interact blog which shall be made extinct as soon as this one is up and running! :D

Right now, I'm using this post to add new labels to the blog to make it easier for everyone to search for a particular post or whatever. But I have to use another post soon, cause one post only allows 200 characters for labels. -___-

**IMPORTANT**

To the other BODs who has access and would wish to blog something, this is a list of things you can blog about:
  1. Interact projects. This includes but is not limited to information about upcoming Interact projects, post-mortem of an Interact project, your own pictures/views/ramblings about an Interact project you attended, etc.
  2. Announcements. Things like announcements about general meetings (GM), BOD meetings, productions, etc.
  3. Interact news. Anything new with the Interact club.
  4. Messages from the BODs. Want to send out a message to the Interactors of SMKSU? You can do so here but please restrain your language.
  5. Basically anything Interact-related. As long as you keep the more flowery and colourful side of your language to yourself. Otherwise, either Nadia or myself will have to delete that entry and have a talk to whoever posted that.
Although I would like to point out that normally, it would be either Nadia or myself who will post about Interact projects. Most of the announcements too, but sometimes both of us miss some of the information for a meeting, so if you checked the blog and don't see an update about a meeting you know about, please update! (Also, please don't make up meetings. It's not actually that funny and it would cause some problems for us.)

The others, well, you are welcome to blog about them anytime you like!

A couple of things I would like you to follow when blogging to makes moderating this blog easier:

  • Please include a title that is relevant and informative. Eg, if you're blogging about an upcoming general meeting, your title can be something like, 'General Meeting on [insert date here]'. Don't worry about giving crap titles; if you do it wrongly I can always help to edit it. ^^
  • Please include labels for every post. This is to make it easier for me, you and everyone else to search for a post later on. And remember, the labels have to be relevant to the post itself! Eg, you can't put the label 'pictures' for a post that doesn't contain any pictures, right?
  • Please do not create new labels by yourself! This is of utmost importance. No matter what circumstances you're under, you will not create new labels! If you do, you will make my life as the moderator hell. And in return, I shall make your life hell. *eyes all of you maliciously*

    Only use the ones I have created. If you don't know the labels, next to the blanks where you type in the labels, there's a link 'see all' or something like that. Click that, all the labels
    will come out. Then just click one to add it to the post. It's that simple!
  • Please leave your name at the end of the post. Eg.

    Hey!

    [POSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOSTPOST]

    - Gee [Or whatever your name is]

Right now, that's all I can think of. But yeah, all the basic rules of blogging apply, okay?

And oh yeah, I forgot. I'm a stickler for proper punctuation. So sue me. But if I see a post with writings like this (HeY, I aM hErE tO tEll yOu...), or like this (hey,i am here to tell you this.please don't forget...) I am going to edit it. Just telling you first, to avoid you feeling hurt or whatever. Sorry, I'm just a neat freak like that. I like all my blogs to be organized and nice-looking.

Other than that, BODs, enjoy yourself! :)


Last warning/reminder before I leave,

Srsly, do not randomly add new labels as you please. SRSLY.


- Geraldine, your blog moderator (mod) ! A.K.A Gee.

No comments:

Post a Comment